This camera is inside the "Jiao-ban shan Hotel scenic area". Mt. Jiao-ban is also known as the "Lushan of Taiwan, " and is 436 meters tall. It's located southeast of Daxi Town, upstream of the Da Han River. It's in the jurisdiction of Fuxing Township in Taoyuan. The climate around the mountain is mild and moderate. Mt. Jiao-ban is surrounded by four mountains: Beichatanshan (N. Chatan Mountain), Nanchatanshan (S. Chatan Mountain), Lidong and Mt. Zhentou (Mt. Pillow). One can enjoy the crisp and refreshing air here.
Mt. Jiao-ban Villa
The villa is located on the Jiao-ban Plateau in Fuxing Township in Taoyuan County. It's composed of four buildings. The main building houses the living room, one main bedroom and one guest room. The other three buildings were provided for guards and staff. In addition to a wide-open view, there are small, secluded paths good for a quiet stroll and contemplation, seasonal flowers and plants to decorate the villa. Surrounded by mountains, it overlooks the Shimen Reservoir. On a clear day, the greenery of the mountains is reflected in the water, making a beautiful scene to behold. Taking a slow stroll in the early mornings and in the twilight, the gentle breeze and mists soothe the mind and provide a peaceful retreat for the weary. Ex-president Chiang Kai-Shek often came with his wife to the villa for short stays for relaxation and meditation under the snow-covered plum flowers in winter and to listen to the sounds of the wind in the pine trees in summer.
Plum Flower Garden
The Mt. Jiao-ban Resort Hotel has the biggest plum flower garden. Under the assault of waves of cold front, the flowers blossom and cover the mountain like snow. The moist air works with the low temperature at the beginning of the year and creates an misty and cloudy environment, which helps to portray the subdued and sublime beauty of the garden.
International Sculpture Park
In 2003, The County Government of Taoyuan invited 12 world-class sculptors to make art here and then created the International Sculpture Park. It's not only a scenic point but also a Mecca for public art education. The sculptures include: 飛龍在天 (Flying Dragon in the Sky), 命運之愛 (Love of Fates), 屋頂上的椅子 (Chair on the Roof), 和平之境 (Space of Peace), 中華影像 (Chinese Shadows), 觀點 (Perspective), 人形狐狸 (The Human Fox), 復興鄉 (Fuxing Township), 二００三樟樹桃園 (Camphor Taoyuan '03), 人之初 (About Base), 溫室提案 (Green House Proposal), 藝術如樹╱樹如藝術 (Art as Tree/Tree as Art).
There's a tunnel underneath the villa. It's 80 meters in length, 4 meters in width and 3 in height. It used to be a personal emergency hideout for Chiang Kai-Shek. After the tunnel was open for visitors, Atayal tribe-style paintings were painted, and the tunnel became a tourist attraction.
Notices on Visiting the Mt. Jiao-ban Hotel Scenic Park
The area of this Park is 5. 7 acres and it takes about 50 minutes to tour the entire park. Please observe the rules listed below when visiting:
1. Visiting hours: 8 AM to 5 PM daily, year-round. Groups with 30 or more can request a guided tour of the park.
2. No cooking or BBQ inside the premises
3. Snakes and poisonous insects may be found in grassy areas and entry is prohibited.
4. No smoking inside the tunnel.
5. No littering, and please help keep the environment clear and garbage-free.
6. Only vehicles belong to the park management may enter.
Notices on Visiting the Mt. Jiao-ban Villa
Please observe the following rules to help us maintain the quality of the exhibition grounds.
1. Visiting hours: 8 AM to 5 PM daily, year-round. Groups of 30 or more can request a guided tour of the park.
2. Wear proper and clean clothing. Those wearing only underwear/undershirts and sandals will not be allowed inside.
3. No pets, handbags or dangerous items are allowed inside.
4. No eating or drinking, spitting or littering allowed. Please keep your voices down so as to not bother other visitors.
5. No smoking, betel nut chewing or chewing gum allowed.
6. Please do not touch the items on exhibition. Those who cause damage to any item will be held legally and financially liable.
7. No running or jumping or any other distracting physical activities are allowed.